Many patients with knee arthritis get disappointed with results of their treatments particularly when the treatments focus on a single modality like “surgery”, “exercise” or “medication.
The pain and stiffness of knee arthritis tends to be multifactorial and it is difficult for a single modality treatment to produce satisfactory results.
There are often elements of:
- Knee Cartilage Injuries
- Knee Effusion
- Knee Muscular Injuries
- Arthritic Knee Inflammation
It is important to take a comprehensive biomedical approach to help patients with knee arthritis.
Only by taking into account your specific medical condition can we select the most appropriate combination of medical technologies for optimal results.
2 Key Approaches Knee Arthritis Treatment:
1) Healing The Damaged Knee Joint
As pain is often the result of soft tissue damage, it is often necessary to boost the body’s ability to heal for long term results. Possible ways to achieve this include:
- Collagen Hydrolysate is produced through the enzymatic hydrolysis of collagenous tissue and contains amino acids such as glycine and proline. When taken as an oral supplement, collagen hydrolysate has been shown to be absorbed, accumulate in joint cartilage, and stimulates the activity of chondrocytes. [Learn More] [Evidence]
- Shockwave Therapy is an internationally established method of treating pain and inflammation through stimulating tissue repair. Employing high energy acoustic waves, shockwave induces new blood vessel growth and tissue regeneration, thereby treating damaged muscles and ligaments around an arthritic knee [Evidence]
2) Reducing Knee Inflammation
Inflammatory damage is one of the main mechanisms of knee pain and reducing inflammation is a good way to help patients quickly reduce pain and discomfort. Possible ways to achieve this include:
- Radiofrequency is an externally applied, non-invasive treatment. It uses patented long wave radio frequencies to create intense tissue stimulation. [Evidence]
- Nanotechnology Gels are made up of millions of phospholipids, which travel through the skin and tissue upon application, the gel then coats the knee joint with a layer of protective lubricant, reducing frictional jont damage. [Learn More]
To find out how to recover from knee ache, pain and stiffness due to arthritis,
Call: +65 85226048